Start a new topic

Anonymous/Temp components

I know there's debate as to if they should exist or not, but they still seem like they have a place in the new system.

Really what I'm looking for is the ability to write one off bits of logic in a xap that I'm not looking to reuse. If I end up needing it multiple times, I can then take the time to generalize it out into a reusable component, but going in, I'm not always sure what the best abstraction is and I don't want to clutter my studio with components I don't want to see again.

Currently, data gates can be 'used' for this, but I know that's not their purpose and that 'feature' could break at anytime.

Hi David Rice,

This does seem like a deficiency in the system. I am adding this to our backlog.

Ticket: http://helpdesk.exaptive.com/helpdesk/tickets/389

Is the roadblock to writing your own anonymous component that the UI doesn't work well for it in the new system? 

Creating a component that accepts arbitrary javascript as an input string would be doable, but yes, the UI for editing that input string wouldn't be that great since it would just be a standard text area without code highlighting, line numbers &c. And not quite sure how to handle n+ inputs/outputs, but I guess generative components would work for that.

Login to post a comment